1st year Drawing studio
Drawing Studio functions within the framework of the Chair of Graphic Art as an obligatory subject (semesters 3-6) and additional specialization or subject of choice (semester 7-10). Drawing is on one hand a research tool in the creative process, and on the other an independent medium of artistic expression. The broadly understood formula of Drawing provides students with a possibility to express their creative attitude precisely through this medium.
The teaching priorities are:
- understanding of the importance of drawing in the creation of art forms
- assimilating drawing as a thinking process (interpretation, creation)
- an attempt at systematization of the language of drawing and the language of printmaking (drawing as a mark, sign, writing)
- analysis of drawing and print marks
- search for the printmaking equivalents of drawing marks
- gaining experience and technical skills
- developing the skills of choosing the right medium to express one’s ideas
The basic teaching form is a drawing from nature (figure study, still life study) supplemented by an individual program proposed by the student, supported by sketches and notes.